Stay updated with the changes in Fair Housing guidelines, rulings and regulations
Fair Housing has had more changes and rulings in the past 12 months than we have had in years. Fair Housing is constantly evolving, which means you and your team must evolve with it! Three new rulings took place in 2016, others are taking place/pending this year and we can expect more as time goes by.
Anne Sadovsky will take on the hot topics in Fair Housing that will keep you out of hot water, by knowing how to handle situations that arise at your property. This webinar will keep your team up to date on changes in Fair Housing guidelines, rulings and regulations, and help you appropriately handle, even avoid, complaints and costly fines. Stay educated and prevent very costly fines and judgements. This presentation is common sense, practical, easily understood and immediately useful.
- This program will share newest rulings regarding the LGBTQ community
- It will answer your questions about service and assist animals and address your rights
- Know the law now allows you to appropriately question ‘registered service dog’ documents
- You will learn how to question about criminal background and what restrictions are in place
- There is a great way to prevent people from parking in disabled resident’ parking place. Learn how.
Ignorance of Fair Housing Laws is no excuse! Staying on top of latest cases, changes and directive is critical; not doing so can create an expensive lesson. Fair Housing sessions don’t have to be dull and boring, in fact you will be excited to hear what is changing, how it impacts you and your property. You will learn:
- The 7 protected classes and definitions
- A little history and a new view of fair housing laws
- That some states and cities have added additional protected classes
- The hot topics for owners, site staff and marketing companies
- The smoking issue; what rights does the housing provider have? It depends!
- Medical marijuana - is it legal?
- Accessibility for those with disabilities.
- Service/Assist animals - you will be surprised!
- Modifications and accommodations - what’s the difference?
Get your questions answered and your answers questioned:
- Are you frustrated by trying to keep up with what is happening with Fair Housing?
- Latest rulings: English Language Proficiency, Harassment and Hostile Environment, Occupancy standards
- Aren’t pit bulls dangerous? Can they be assist animals?
- How do we handle tester/prospective resident questions regarding animals?
- Do we really have to lease to all criminals now?
- Can your residents smoke pot on your property?
- Does pot have the same rules as cigarettes? Can you make your residents not smoke anything?
- You are out of parking spaces. Do you have to let every disabled person have a reserved spot?
- What if other handicapped people park in a reserved spot?
- Great information, graphics and stories!
Who Should Attend?
- Everyone in property management
- Regional Supervisors
- Onsite Business Managers
- Assistant Managers
- Leasing Professionals
- Service Team Members
Order Now or Call 1-855-237-1396 Today!