John Zietlow, Alan G. Seider
The book every nonprofit financial officer needs.
Relevant for both large and small nonprofit organizations, Cash & Investment Management for Nonprofit Organizations effectively brings practical clarity to a potentially complicated topic, and explains how to use the best available methods and tools to help your organization achieve and maintain financial strength. This must-have book equips readers with a road map toward sound financial structure and strong internal controls, expertly offering helpful advice on everything financial officers need to know, including:
- Knowing the appropriate financial target for your organization
- The measures you can use to monitor and manage your organization's liquidity
- Preserving your organization's financial integrity through internal controls
- How to tap sources of cash to improve your cash flow
- Making the most of your greatest potential ally in managing cash--your banking partner
- Mobilizing and controlling cash
- Disbursing cash efficiently while averting fraud
- Harnessing information technology (IT) to better accomplish cash and investment management
- Investing policies and practices for cash reserves
- Investing policies and practices for endowments and other long-term investment purposes
Written by financial professionals for financial professionals, Cash & Investment Management for Nonprofit Organizations provides essential tips and proven financial methods for improving and benchmarking your organization's practices. Discover how to become more effective in keeping your nonprofit financially healthy with the techniques and tools in Cash & Investment Management for Nonprofit Organizations.